The commitments of Chambéry Savoie Mont Blanc Airport
In 2015, the airport received its first ACA certificate (Airport Carbon Control).
In December 2016, our airport got the renewal of the 1st level of the ACA certificate. This first level of the Airport Carbon Accreditation programme, called ‘Mapmaking’, considers both measuring of the carbon footprint and data from an external audit. The accreditation reflects the commitment taken by VINCI Airports to get and maintain the ACA certificate for all its airports.
What is the ACA?
The Airport Carbon Accreditation is the only institutional programme that vouch for airports carbon control and management.
It validates initiatives taken by airports like carbon management and reduction through a four-level certificate system: Mapmaking, Reduction, Optimisation, and Neutrality.
The axes of the environmental approach of Chambéry Airport :
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Improve the recovery of waste
By focusing on all of its activities, services and development of its future projects, the airport is committed to :
- Meet its compliance obligations
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution
- Continuously improve the EMS (Environmental Management System) to increase its environmental performance
The Environmental Management System (EMS) applies to all of SEACA's operations and development activities.
These activities include :
- The management, operation, development and promotion of the airport
- Ground handling services
The commitments of VINCI Airports
VINCI Airports was the first group to implement a global eco-friendly strategy, entitled Airpact, that aims for reducing its carbon footprint through strong environmental involvements by the end of 2020.
Goals of VINCI Airports:
- To get and to maintain the ACA certificate for all its airports
- To reduce by 20% its energy intensity by the end of 2020 (compared to its energy intensity of 2013)
- Identification of biodiversity issues in every VINCI airport
- To get the ISO 14 001 certificate for every VINCI airport
The global environmental policy of VINCI Airports is based upon a seven-action programme:
- Reduction of intensity energy and greenhouse gas
- Fair use of water
- Management of waste product
- Noise control
- Respect of biodiversity
- Protection of the environment
- Creation of a special system of environmental management
As a major actor of the aviation market, employees wellbeing and fair wage income are at the core of the policy of VINCI Airports. Its social commitments are:
- Social dialogue
- Employees wellbeing and good health insurance
- Quality professional training ensuring appropriate skills and abilities in the aviation sector
- Numerous career development opportunities
- Fair wage income
The VINCI Foundation: a solidarity-based involvement
Created in 2002, the VINCI Foundation supports many citizen projects that prevent from social exclusion.
Its social plan is based upon a four-action programme:
- Access to employment. It financially supports associations that boost access to employment or professional training for non-graduates
- To promote solidary mobility
- People social integration through housing
- Human and financial support to associations helping people living in unstable conditions
For more information: https://www.fondation-vinci.com/fondation/fr/page/qui-sommes-nous.htm