- Compare prices directly on the websites of the various airlines, as for a single destination, prices can vary from one airline to another.
- Keep your eyes peeled! Online airlines and airports often have ad hoc promotions.
- Be as flexible as possible concerning your dates of travel.
- The earlier you book, the lower the price, so try to plan your journey in advance.
At the time of booking
- Book your ticket directly on the website of the airline so as to receive the lowest prices.
- Travel light! The price of checking-in hand luggage is included in the ticket price (subject to certain terms and conditions) and this also reduces the waiting time at check-in.
- Check-in online, this can be up to half the price. At the airport, the cost will be higher.
- You are not obligated to take out cancellation insurance. In this instance, untick the box when booking and save a few Euros
- Consider checking-in online before departure and after making your booking. If you do this at the airport, you may have to pay a supplement!
- Respect the maximum weight per item of luggage authorised by the airline, and you can then avoid paying a supplement for "excess luggage". For sports equipment (golf bags, bicycles, skis, snowboard, etc.), book online, this is much cheaper.