The Maurienne, Tarentaise, Beaufortain and Val d'Arly valleys are all classified under the Label of Country of Art and History in the Savoy High Mountain Valleys. They all offer various cultural activities so as to allow visitors to learn all about the savoyard heritage through five discovery trails:
- Les Chemins du Baroque© for religious heritage,
- Pierres Fortes du Savoie© for fortifications,
- Terre des Alpes© for rural heritage,
- alpine pastures and pastoralism,
- Archipels d’altitude© for ski resort architecture
- Voyages autour de la Table© for culinary heritage.
The Facim Foundation coordinates this network and offers discovery activities for all public groups (guided tours, conferences, exhibitions, etc).
Further information: www.fondation.facim.fr